Monday, March 2, 2009

Surprise











Last week I turned the big 30! Let me just preface with, in the past Tyler and I are kind of duds when it comes to birthdays, Christmas or any special occasion. We are just a little too practical, which is not always a good thing. So as history has shown, I was just expecting a very casual evening maybe dinner and a movie. Well Tyler had a great plan, which never lead me to suspect that he had something up his sleeve. At 7:00 my parents came to babysit the kids and we were going to go to dinner. Tyler told me that he just had to drop off a jacket at Jonnys house on the way. So we went up to the door and knock and you SURPRISE! I had no idea. But then a whole bunch of thoughts went through my head of things that were a little strange but I never put two and two together. Anyway it was a fun suprise, and if I would have known I was going to a surprise party for myself I think I would have worn something else. Oh well. Thanks Tyler and your planning committee.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday Jenni! You truly looked shocked when you came in the door. Your party was great. We're lucky we were invited.

Lorilee said...

yay! happy birthday. I thought about you on the 28th... your's is one birthday I never forget.
it's so fun seeing all those familiar faces... Lisa, Mikki, Sarah, Melissa.. everyone looks great... including you. I think you look darling (including the outfit)--but I know what you mean, when your the guest of honor, you want to wear something special. :)

30 is the bomb.. don't ya think?

Tara said...

Happy Birthday. Yay for suprises! Wish we could've been there to celebrate.
Good job to Tyler for coming up with it!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Jenni! That sneaky Tyler.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenni! I turn 30 in a couple of months, and not to excited, because I look 30. You look like your 21! Not fair! Hope you had a great day!

Debbie Black said...

I can't believe that you are 30! It seems like it was just yesterday that you, not Stella, were turning 6 years old!
I'm glad you were surprised....way to go Tyler and company!

Andrea said...

Happy 30, you old fart! Hope you had a great day!

Unknown said...

Happy late Birthday! Looks like you had a fun party!