Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How would you react?

I had considered myself so lucky to have 3 girls and never have had any problems with scissors.
Well things can change so quickly, which means I must have a three year old. Last week
I walked into the play room to find Annie hiding behind the small refrigerator, with a terrified look on her face and a new hair cut. Blake her little buddy and Annie were playing beauty salon and while Annie was playing with the pretend scissors, Blake grabbed the real scissors and went to town. So I ask you, how would you react? I feel like one side of my brain was saying "WHAT ARE YOU DOING! you are in so much trouble." while the other side was saying " Its only hair it will grow back, it could have been worse." Sadly to say I went with the side that was acting a little irrational. But can you blame me. It's been a week now and I have figured out a few ways to hide it, or I should say make it look not as bad. Its going to be a long year or two until we get it all grown out again.
Although Tyler thinks its pretty neat that Annie has taken to the mullet like he did in high school.

It's boy short and that is just one side. Oh well at least it is the same on both sides.


2 comments:

Audrey said...

Don't worry I would have been irrational too. So sad, but I love the play fort you made. I made one a few years ago, but it only fit over a card table and was not nearly as cute.

Debbie Black said...

Like you say..it is only hair..it will grow back! (sometime!)
Annie, you are a cutie even if you do have a mullet! Your smile makes up for your haircut!