Monday, September 24, 2007

a+ in parenting

well today i actually did something i thought i would never do. i locked little annie in the car with both sets of keys and my cell phone. luckily annie is pretty laid back and had no problem waiting to get the door unlocked, actually she was in there smiling and waving at me. and thank goodness i was with my friend and able to use her cell phone to call for help. i ended up calling 911 to come unlock the car. it was pretty exciting they had to send out a police man as well as a firetruck/paramedic because there was a child involved. all in all annie was only in there for about 10 mins and was fine the entire time. but after the matter it dawned on me that i have onstar and could have made things a lot less complicated. oh well. stella and claire thought it was pretty neat to see a fire truck come to the rescue.
then on top of that i made potato soup for dinner and burned the entire thing. just my luck. so instead we had spaghettio's for dinner. hang on for a minute while i puke.
I guess we all have those days.
but after the girls went to bed i canned some tomatoes. so that counts for something right?

6 comments:

virginiaoak said...

Not many moms would get a fire truck to show up for their kids. ;) A+ indeed!!! Sounds like a stressful day...but thank you for sharing-I had to laugh.By the way, Jen...you are going to LOVE Eclipse! I get so excited when I find out who's reading these books. It's pathetic. Happy reading!

Mama B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

Sorry about your rough day! I'm beginning to wonder how anyone has more than one child! Whew...Its exhausting. I'm glad your day had a happy ending...:)

Julie said...

I have done that! I think it just comes along with the job of being a mom! Way to go on the canning!

Andrea said...

Canning tomatoes does not make up for locking your child in the car!!! :) J/K! Everyone has to do it once, and at least it wasn't during the dead heat of summer, right?